Monday, May 26, 2008

Summer Job in a Sardines Canning Factory



It was summer vacation before I go into 2nd year high school in 1987. The friend of sister worked in a sardines manufacturing company and they were looking for students who wanted to work for the summer. She brought my resume and I got hired.

They manufactured tuna sardines, the place had a very strong smell that it will stay in my clothes. I was working in the labeling department, it was easy I just have to put labels on the can big or small and do the packaging after wards. The assembling the box is quite heavy for they are heavy duty boxes and the loading of the cans. I gained so many friends in the place for working for two months.

I worked there for two consecutive summers and the next summer the plant changed management. It was an experience working in the factory but the only thing is the place stinks.

No comments: